28 November 2009

Chinese tea cake and Rostropovich

This is a wonderful Saturday morning. Though it is late November, the weather is not too cold or too hot. It is the best moment to have a tea gathering. I just ring my friend who also love Chinese tea ans see if they also have the same idea. Well, the feedback is perfect. My friends, a couple, just received a Puerh tea cake, that cost about 300 USD and would like to share with me. Wow, it is more then happy to me. Expensive tea cake do not necessary mean good stuff. Let's drink and judge.

That's 3 o'clock afternoon. I prepared all the tea set and wait my friends and their Puerh to come. Usually, the best combination having a Chinese tea gathering is three people.

They arrived at 3:15. Nothing much to say as today's focus is the Chinese tea cake. It is a typical Seven Sons Raw Tea Cake, but aging from the eighties. It is getting less and less Raw Tea Cake from the eighties and that;s why the price is getting higher and higher.

Forget about the price. We open the cake as usually and cut the first 100g into the bottle. The tea colour is deep and bright and give me a very warm feeling. After the third infusion (we usually do not drink the first three infusion), we taste it quite seriously. First of all, we smell the tea fragrance. Light and thick, very unusual Puerh character. It taste mellow and mild, which is unexpected. I thought it will be more smooth. However it get a bit malty, quite enjoyable for me personally. My friends of course feel really satisfy with their new (Old) tea cake. We talk, drink, and taste, and forget about the past of time.

Our accompany of this tea gather is Rostropovich. While he is playing the Bach's Cello suite, we are having fun with the 300USD tea cake. I am sure I will have a lovely dream tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment